Friday, April 29, 2011

2011 NFL Draft Grades: Thursday's 10 Biggest Fails

At 8 p.m. ET, I figured it would be a stretch to find five picks that I really took issue with.

Three hours later, its hard to find five I don't take issue with. Seriously, narrowing it down to only the 10 biggest draft fails of the day was a challenge.

I did like a few picks, my congratulations to the Detroit Lions and Nick Fairley

However, the glut of quarterbacks taken early in the first round was disgusting. It's hard to fathom who is behind these picks, but it's clear: This is not a talent-laden quarterback draft and yet multiple teams not in need of a quarterback felt compelled to waste their first round pick by drafting a QB.

I've got no issues with Carolina and Cam Newton. I do have issues with the rest, and a few teams who needed to upgrade under center and failed to do so.

Dennis Miller like rant aside, these are the 10 biggest fails of day one of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Begin Slideshow

Monica Potter Brittany Snow Lauren German Cindy Crawford Mariah OBrien

No comments:

Post a Comment