Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alex Mack to Join Browns Teammate Joe Thomas on AFC Pro Bowl Roster

Filed under: ,

After expressing frustration about his fellow teammate for not getting the nod for the AFC Pro Bowl roster in December, Pro Bowl offensive tackle Joe Thomas received his wish as the news that center Alex Mack was released on Monday. The second-year center from California will replace Jets center Nick Mangold.

"I think there was a number of guys that definitely deserved it," Thomas said on Dec. 28, "And I was disappointed some of them didn't make it, namely Alex Mack, Eric Steinbach and Peyton Hillis, I thought should definitely have been on there. You never know how the voting's going to go; it's always a little crazy."

Mack was overwhelmed with his selection when the news was released.

"I'm really excited to be able to go out there for the Pro Bowl," said Mack via telephone Monday morning, according to ClevelandBrowns.com. "It's something you definitely aim for your whole career and so, to make it early on is just fantastic.

"I got an email actually. I jumped up and down and ran around the room a couple times. I texted just about everyone that I knew. I called (my parents) this morning. They were really excited. They were fired up and I know my mom's going to try to get a plane ticket out."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Samantha Mathis Samantha Morton Grace Park Jill Wagner Susie Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment