Monday, June 20, 2011

B/R MMA Interview with Rising Prospect Alex Soto: "A Pocket Full of Hopes"

B/R MMA Interview with Rising Prospect Alex Soto: "A Pocket Full of Hopes"

Bleacher Report's Andrew Mahlmann:

Undefeated bantamweight fighter Alex Soto is a fighter to watch.

This Friday, June 24th, Soto will be making his Japanese debut against 13-4 veteran Japanese fighter Seiji Akao on a stacked DEEP 54 card.

I had to chance to catch up with Soto as he talks about the struggle of coming up in the sport of MMA, fighting in Japan, training with Trevor Witman and Greg Jackson, and Mexican MMA.....

 

I have seen your height listed at 5'6'' and 5'9''.  What is accurate? 

I'm 5'8''.

 

You have fought at featherweight and at bantamweight. Now at bantamweight, do you have to cut much weight? 

I usually train around 150 lbs., so my natural weight class is 135 lbs.

I'm too small for featherweight and a little bit big for bantamweight. It's something you have to get used to.

Click here to read the entire article

Leila Arcieri Kate Mara Izabella Scorupco Carla Campbell Penélope Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment